- Performs tasks at the direction of Property Managers and Resident Managers.
- Performs basic appliance repair (HVAC – only as allowed by law without EPA certification), plumbing, electrical (when no license is required), sheet rock, tape and texture, carpentry, pool, spa, and other water feature care, pest control, roof and gutter maintenance, wallpaper/painting, and foundation/sidewalk repair.
- Performs grounds maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrates safe work habits.
- Works directly with and supports the installation, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of maintenance trades and associated materials and equipment within the light commercial and residential field.
- Ensures proper maintenance logs and work reports indicating time and materials used.
- Demonstrates responsible use and care for equipment, vehicles, tools, and other materials.
- Works independently with little supervision in the completion of assignments.
- Plans, schedules, and sees jobs through to completion.
- Establishes and maintains customer oriented focus.
- Communicates politely and effectively with, and in front of, customers.
- Works as part of a team with supervisors and co-workers.
- Regular attendance.
- Travel and work overtime as required.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Supports and helps other painters and maintenance employees as requested.
- Assists on special projects as needed.
- Ensures that Company tools, equipment, and vehicles are maintained in proper working condition.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- The principle duties of this position are performed in a variety of environments, including customer homes, the outdoors, and field environments on uneven and rough terrain.
- Required to work in outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, and temperature swings, for extended periods of time.
- Experiences frequent interruptions; required to meet inflexible deadlines; requires concentration and attention to detail; requires a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
- Standing up to 8 hours per day; Walking up to 8 hours per day on uneven, difficult terrain.
- Regular heavy manual labor to include lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds.
- Regular and repetitive grasping, gripping, reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, and working overhead.
- Frequently works in closed or cramped spaces.
- Climbs ladders and completes overhead work for assignments.
- Ability to read and understand product labels and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training preferred.
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
- Six (6) months or more of previous general maintenance related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic repairs and installations using standard tools and machines.
- Use and application of safety practices and procedures.
- Current Class C Driver’s License with a clean driving record.